Happy Easter! I hope you and your family are blessed with love and happiness.
I decided to make my family something special to celebrate our togetherness. I don’t really eat doughnuts – I usually eat them once every two years at a family reunion. Haha! I know. I really need to control my doughnut-eating tendencies. 🙂 Anyway, when I saw this recipe, I knew it was perfect for us. Hopefully, you’ll try it and it will be perfect for your family, too.
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins
Recipe from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
For the muffins:
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup oil or melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
For the topping:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, egg, and milk. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
3. Pour batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake 22-24 minutes or until muffins are light golden and springy to the touch.
4. While muffins are cooking, melt butter. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
5. When muffins are done, remove from pan immediately. Dip muffins in melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy!