How’s your weekend going? It’s been a relaxing one here. Our same old routine of laundry, grocery shopping and just plain hanging out. I love weekends like this. 🙂
So, these happened today.
It was just that kind of morning. 🙂
Buttermilk Yogurt Pancakes
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg white
1 whole egg
1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup nonfat buttermilk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat griddle.
2. Combine flours, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; whisk to mix thoroughly.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together egg white, egg, buttermilk, yogurt and vanilla.
4. Add milk mixture to flour and stir just until combined. Let rest a few minutes.
5. Make pancakes! Pour (or scoop as batter is thick) about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles start to form on surface. Flip carefully and cook until golden.
6. Grab a stack and nom it down!
Question: What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Those pancakes look SO delicious! I just love them. I had a 5-way grilled cheese sandwich from the local diner and a Dairy Queen ice cream Blizzard with a Butterfinger and Heath bar blended into it. Clearly I’m not doing anything healthy like I should be. Lol.
Thanks! I always make extras for snacks later in the week. I like to top them with almond butter and banana. Yum!
And, you know what? Every now and then, a Butterfinger and Heath Bar Blizzard is a necessity. Om nom nom! 🙂