T-MINUS 5 DAYS UNTIL WE CLOSE ON THE HOUSE!!!!!!
So totally can’t wait!!!
Thing 2 started school today.
I’m actually a little jealous.
She has somewhere to go and will meet new people and make friends.
Not that I want to go back to high school.
Been there, done that, got the diploma and the jacket to prove it.
But, I do have some things to do to keep me busy.
Like, a kickass body weight WOD.
I got through 4 of the 10 rounds and really started to question my sanity.
Not sure what made me think 100 burpees on a Monday was a good idea.
I totally would have done upside down starfish as my cool down but some random, slightly creepy guy showed up in the fitness center and was trying to figure out what he should do while trying to strike up a conversation.
Um. Again –
So NOT trying to strike up a conversation with random creepy hotel guy.
Anyway, I did a google search last night for “Crossfit travel WODs” and that’s how I found that one.
In fact, I found quite a few excellent sites with all kinds of
crazy hard awesome bodyweight WODs.
This is the site that I used: CrossFit Steele Creek
But, I also browsed these and will probably pull from them too:
There’s even an app you can download to your phone!
All really awesome stuff!
Just because you’re away from your box doesn’t mean you can’t get your WOD on. 🙂
Okay, now on to the best part!
I made some totally awesome chili last night!
In the hotel room!!
A few ingredients (thanks to this wicked cool package).
Under normal circumstances, I would use my own blend of spices, etc. but, we’re in a hotel with limited space and I don’t want to buy a ton of things I’m just going to have once we get our stuff into the new house.
I checked the ingredients list before I committed and it’s all good stuff. Nothing I didn’t know how to pronounce and all things I would add on my own. Of course, I didn’t follow the package directions EXACTLY – where’s the adventure in that?!
It all worked out deliciously!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/4 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 package six gun chili mixin’s
1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
1/2 pound ground sirloin (use a full pound for the full package of chili mixin’s)
1/2 pound hot italian sausage (use a full pound for the full package of chili mixin’s)
1. Prepare pouches of Mixin’s according to package directions. (There are 2 pouches. I used 1/2 of each because I cut the recipe in half.)
2. Saute pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil in a large pot/dutch oven until onion is translucent. Add ground sirloin and sausage and cook until brown. Drain fat.
3. Add diced tomatoes to meat.
4. Stir in Mixin’s and water mixture and drained beans (if desired) and bring to a boil.
5. Add desired amount of seasoning from red pepper packet and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or longer, adding water if necessary.
*The package comes with a Masa Flour pouch that I did not use. Directions are on the package.*
6. Put into bowls, top how you prefer and gobble it down! Don’t be surprised if the neighbors come knocking! 🙂
Question: Do you work out when you’re traveling or on vacation?