So, I received the most amazing notification/blog comment last week!
(and I apologize for being totally pokey about sharing it with you! Time just got the better of me!)
Andrea, over at Mommy Got Fit!, nominated me for a Liebster blog award!
The Liebster award (thanks Google!) is an award given to bloggers (usually smaller – as in followers – or newer blogs) BY other bloggers. It’s a great way to learn about new blogs – help others learn about them too! – and meet people over the blog-o-sphere!
I love that! I’ve already made a good friend through blogging and I can’t wait to actually meet up with her and hang out at FitBloggin’ 14!
There are a few rules that go along with the blog award – it’s kinda like chain mail but I prefer to think of it like a sourdough starter or that friendship bread starter that pops up every now and then. It’s sharing and spreading the love. 🙂
The rules are:
1. you must link back to the person who nominated you (ok, easy peasy!)
2. you must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you (let’s not get TOO personal now!)
3. you must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following) (only 10?!?!)
4. you must create 10 questions for your nominees (oh boy. let me put my thinking cap on!)
5. you must notify your nominees (wouldn’t want to keep a secret!)
So, here are the questions posed by Andrea with my answers following:
1. What personal moment are you most proud of (athletic or not)? Hmmm…I’m going to have to go with an athletic moment (I’m not going to be held responsible for any fall-out in having to pick the birth of Thing 1 or 2 as my proudest moment and I don’t want to lump them together!) finishing my first marathon – the Philadelphia Marathon in November 2008. I had such an amazing time and practically floated over the finish line. In that moment, I realized I could accomplish ANYTHING I set my mind to if I worked for it. 🙂
2. What is your biggest goal to reach? Well now, this is a toughie. I’ve had, and still have, some pretty lofty goals. I’d still love to qualify for Boston (um, hello, did you SEE the amazingness that was the Boston Marathon yesterday?!?!?!?!?!) but I’m going to say completing my first 50k in October. *bites nails*
3. What is your favorite type of workout? Wow. I don’t know if I have a favorite type but I’d say I’m a big fan of any workout that tests my abilities and makes me feel tired and strong and powerful all at the same time.
4. What motivates you to take on new challenges? My family, definitely. My kids – I want to be amazing in their eyes. My grandfather – he had cerebral palsy and never let that disability get in the way of life. I mean, really, the man played tennis and lived well beyond anyone initially expected. My grandmother – she’s just flat out amazing. If you met her, you would agree.
5. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve overcome? Teenaged daughters! Haha! I’d like to say I’m kidding but it’s true. Oy.
6. What is your most favorite total indulgent meal or dessert? Wow. I don’t really know. (as I’m plowing through a bag of Jelly Bellys….) As long as it has peanut butter and chocolate, I’m good. 🙂
7. What time of day is your favorite to work out? MORNING! Rise and shine, lovelies! 🙂
8. Wine, beer, or mixed drinks? Yes, please! Ha! No, seriously, you know I’m a wino. 😉
9. Would you/have you ever dress/ed up for a themed race? Um, no. Not my thing. I would feel ridiculous. I never even really enjoyed dressing up for Halloween. Just give me the chocolate.
10. What is your healthy go-to meal? It actually varies. Lately it’s been anything that I can pair roasted sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli with. Like these bacon-wrapped meatballs from Paleomg. Holy. Yum.
11. What is your dream race? I would love to go overseas and run a race in Europe. Paris, perhaps? Or maybe through Burgundy? 😉
Now, on to the part you’ve really been waiting for! My nominees!
And now, here are my questions!
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. Who is your fitness idol? (Who do you want to be when you grow up?) 😉
3. Top 3 favorite blogs & why. (yes, I’m aware that’s not a question. Don’t judge me.)
4. If you have to choose between an event (any type) or a workout, which do you normally pick?
5. Do you have a mantra and if so, what is it?
6. Do you chew gum when you run?
7. What is the toughest workout you’ve ever accomplished?
8. Name 3 of your fitness goals – either long or short term. (yep, another non-question)
9. Do you have a favorite cooking show?
10. What’s the one thing you would drive more than 100 miles to eat?
11. (Stealing from the question Andrea asked me because it’s a good question…) What personal moment are you most proud of (athletic or not)?
Holy Moly! We’ve made it to the end! 🙂